Terms And Conditions
1. The Promoter
1. The Promoter is: Dream Car Giveaways Limited, Company Number 11320154 and whose registered office is at Goodrich House, 39 Moor Street, Worcester, Worcestershire, England WR1 3DB.
2. If you wish to contact us for any reason, please email email@example.com
2. The competition
1. These terms and conditions (the "T&Cs") apply to all competitions listed on the Promoter’s website at dreamcargiveaways.co.uk (the “Website”) including standard competitions ("Standard Competitions") and online "instant win" competitions ("Instant Win Competitions"), and shall apply to all dealings between the Promoter and you. Together Standard Competitions and Instant Win Competitions shall be referred to as "Competitions" in these T&Cs and references to a "Competition" shall mean either a Standard Competition or a Instant Win Competition.
2. In the event of any conflict between the T&Cs and any listing on the Website, advertisement or other materials used in the promotion of a competition by the Promoter, these T&Cs shall take precedence.
3. To be in with a chance of winning, everyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be required to correctly answer a question or solve a problem set by the Promoter (the “Competition Question”).
4. All Competitions include a Competition Question and an entry fee is payable each time you enter a Competition. Where the Promoter offers an easy or multiple-choice question, a free entry route is available.
3. How to enter
1. Competitions will run from and including the opening and closing dates specified on the Website. These dates shall be referred to as the “Opening Date” and “Closing Date” respectively. All times and dates referred to are the times and dates in London, England.
2. If it is absolutely necessary to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to change the Opening and Closing Dates. If the Promoter does change the Opening Date and/or the Closing Date of a competition, the new details will be displayed on the Website. The Promoter will not extend the Closing Date simply to sell more entries.
3. All competition entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than the specified time on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the specified time on the Closing Date are automatically disqualified and no refunds will be given.
4. The maximum number entries to a Competition will be stated on the Website. The number of entries you are able to make may be limited if the maximum number of entries is reached.
5. Entries, including free entries, are limited per person per Competition. The maximum number of entries permitted per Entrant for a Competition will be listed on the webpage for the relevant Competition on the Website. No further entries shall be permitted if the maximum number of entries for the Competition is reached.
6. To enter a Standard Competition using the paid entry route:
1. go to the Website and view the Standard Competition you wish to enter; then
2. input your answer to the Competition Question; then
3. select the required number of entries and proceed to checkout; then
4. log in or register if not already logged in; then
5. agree to the T&Cs and complete purchase.
7. To enter a Instant Win Competition using the paid entry route:
1. go to the Website and view the Instant Win Competition you wish to enter; then
2. select the required number of entries and proceed to checkout; then
3. log in or register if you have not already logged in; then
4. agree to the T&Cs and complete your purchase.
8. The use of PayPal is restricted to persons over 18 years old and mainland UK residents only. Please refer to PayPal's terms and conditions which apply to your use of PayPal.
9. Where you purchase a Competition entry online, the Promoter will send confirmation that your entry has been received.
10. The Promoter will not accept responsibility for Competition entries that are not successfully completed, are lost or are delayed regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
11. By purchasing entries and/ or submitting a Competition entry (whether purchased online or submitted as a free entry), you are confirming you are eligible to enter the Competition; you acknowledge you are entering into a contract with the Promoter; and you agree to be bound by these T&Cs.
12. You may enter a Competition (whether a Standard Competition or a Instant Win Competition) for free by complying with the following conditions:
1. send your entry by pre-paid first or second class post to the Promoter at the following address: DCG Ltd, PO Box 2050, Pershore, WR10 9FA;
2. hand delivered entries will not be accepted and will not be entered into the random draw;
3. include with your entry the following information:
▪ details of the Competition you wish to enter;
▪ your full name;
▪ your date of birth;
▪ your postal address;
▪ a contact telephone number and email address; and
▪ your answer to any Competition Question.
4. incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified;
5. you may make multiple free entries for any Competition up to any limit placed on entries by the Promoter (the maximum number of entries permitted per Entrant for a Competition will be listed on the webpage for the relevant Competition on the Website). However, each free entry must be submitted and posted to the Promoter separately. Bulk entries in one envelope or on one postcard will not be accepted as multiple entries and if a bulk entry is received, it will be counted as one single entry;
6. your entry into a Standard Competition must be received by the Promoter prior to the Closing Date and prior to all tickets in a Competition being allocated. Free entries received within 48 hours of the Closing Date and/or the date on which all tickets have been sold/allocated will not be entered into the selected Competition but will at the Promoter's discretion be entered into the next Competition of a similar value for which entries remain available. Free entries which are otherwise received after the Closing Date and/or the date on which all tickets have been sold/allocated will not otherwise be entered into the selected Competition or any other Competition. Proof of posting does not guarantee that you will be entered into the random draw and will not be accepted as proof of receipt;
7. your free entry into a Instant Win Competition must be received before all tickets have been sold/allocated or, if not all tickets are sold/allocated, within forty eight hours (48 hours) after the Closing Date in order to be entered into the Instant Win Competition;
8. if the number of entries received reaches any cap or limit before your free entry is received, you will not (save as may be set out in paragraph 12(6) above) be entered into the Competition or any other Competition.
9. Entrants must have created an account on the website/app to have a free entry processed, all details must match the account details.
4. Choosing a winner
1. For Standard Competitions, all Entrants who correctly answer the Competition Question will be placed into a draw and an Entrant will be chosen by random draw to be eligible to receive the Prize. The random draw will take place as soon as reasonably possible and, in any event, within 7 days of the Closing Date (“Draw Date“).
2. All Standard Competition Entrants will have their names and entry numbers included on a spreadsheet which may be published on the Website and may be visible during the live draw. If you do not wish to have your name included on this spreadsheet you must contact the Promoter via email at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as reasonably possible after you have completed your entry and in any event, at least 48 hours before the live draw takes place.
3. For Instant Win Competitions, prizes are allocated at random to numbers in a spreadsheet. Each entry into the Instant Win Competition which correctly answers the Competition Question is then randomly allocated a number in that spreadsheet. If the number matches a prize, then the Entrant wins that prize.
1. Entrants who pay for their entry online, will be notified whether they have won (and, if they have won, what prize they have won) following submission of their entry;
2. Free entries into the Instant Win Competition, will, so long as the entries are valid in accordance with these T&Cs, be randomly allocated a number on receipt by the Promoter. The Promoter will notify the Entrant if they are successful by an automated email sent to the contact email address that the Entrant provided with their entry. The email will be sent automatically as soon as the Entrant's number is identified as a prize winner. Unsuccessful Entrants via the free entry route will not be notified.
4. Those Entrants eligible to win a Prize as set out in 4.1 and 4.3 above shall be individually a "Winner"and collectively the "Winners".
5. For help with entries, please contact us on 01386719064 or email us at email@example.com
1. The competition is open to all residents in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except:
1. employees of the Promoter;
2. employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
3. members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
2. By entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition and claim the prize. If you fail to provide the Promoter with any such proof or other information that they may require within a reasonable time, you may be disqualified from the competition.
3. The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
1. automatically generated by computer; or
4. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition. This includes if you are rude or abusive to the Promoter or anyone associated with them.
5. Subject to clause 11.3 below, no refunds of the entry fee will be given in any event, including;
1. if, following your entry into the competition, you subsequently find out that you are not eligible to enter the competition or claim the Prize;
2. if, following your entry into the competition the eligibility criteria for entering the competition or claiming the Prize changes and you are no longer eligible; or
3. if you are disqualified from the competition by the Promoter for any reason.
6. If the Entrant engages in:
1. any form of fraud (actual or apparent);
2. fraudulent misrepresentation;
3. fraudulent concealment;
4. hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the Website; or
5. amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the website
6. all of their entries will be declared void, no refunds will be given and they may be prevented from participating in any future Competitions.
6. The prize
1. The prize for each competition is described on the Website (the“Prize”). Details of the Prize are, to the best of the Promoter’s knowledge, information and belief, correct as at the Opening Date.
2. Prizes are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. If any details of the Prize change, the Promoter will endeavour to update the Website as soon as reasonably possible. For Instant Win Competitions, the Prizes stated on the Website are those that are available to be won. There is no guarantee that all such Prizes will be won and whether and how many Prizes are won will depend on the number of entries into the Competition.
3. The Promoter takes reasonable steps to award the Prize as described in the Website. The Promoter makes no other representations and gives no warranties about the Prize, its value, its condition or any other information provided on the Website. The Promoter makes no representations and gives no warranties that the information provided on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
4. There is no cash alternative for the Prize unless stated on the Prize, however the Promoter may (in its sole discretion) provide one if the Winner would rather receive cash than the Prize.
5. The prize is not refundable, negotiable or transferable.
6. If the Prize is a vehicle:
1. the Promoter will, unless otherwise stated, ensure it comes with a valid MOT (if required);
2. no insurance is included with the Prize and it is the Winner’s responsibility to ensure the vehicle is adequately insured prior to taking it on the public roads (if it is legal to do so);
3. the Promoter has no responsibility for the Prize once it has been delivered. The Winner is solely responsible for complying with all relevant laws and regulations relating to the vehicle, its operation and ensuring they operate it in a safe and responsible manner;
4. no vehicle/road tax is included;
5. the Winner is responsible for ensuring they have the necessary licences, qualification, knowledge and experience to operate the vehicle safely and legally;
6. the Winner is solely responsible for ensuring they have all necessary safety equipment and clothing (for example, helmets, boots and gloves) and for wearing them whilst operating the vehicle.
7. If the Prize is a holiday or event:
1. The Prize description will specify the number of tickets included by what class of transport and type of carrier to which travel destination. Depending on the type of Prize, flexibility in the dates may be available for the Winner i.e. Grand Prix tickets would be a fixed date while a generic holiday can be flexible. Excluded dates for holiday prizes are as set out on the Website. The prize does not include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports or stations, food and drink, spending money, tax or personal expenses or any other items not specifically stated to be included in the Prize on the website. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winner(s). Cash supplement may be included in the Prize if expressly stated on the Website; however this is the extent of the liability on the Promoter.
2. You will be responsible for ensuring that you and any person travelling with you are available to travel and hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents for the holiday in question on the travel dates specified. Dates once notified to the travel agent cannot be changed.
1. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
2. For Standard Competitions, the Promoter will contact the Winner personally as soon as practicable after the draw date specified in the Competition listing on the Website ("Draw Date"), no later than 7 days from the Draw Date, using the telephone number or email address provided with the Competition entry. If the Winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed the Prize within 14 of days of the Draw Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible Entrant selected (in the same way as the original Winner) from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
3. For Instant Win Competitions, Entrants via the paid-for route online will find out online whether they have won or not. The Promoter will contact Winners via the free entry route personally as soon as practicable after their winning entry and in any event no later than 48 hours from the date on which their entry was received. using the telephone number or email address provided with the Competition entry. If the Winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the Prize within 14 days of the Promoter's first attempt to contact the Winner, the Promoter reserves the right to allocate a new number to the Prize and add the Prize back to the prize pool for that Competition or dispose of the Prize as it sees fit without any liability to the Winner for having done so.
4. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will publish the name and winning number Winners on the Website and send the name and winning number Winners to anyone who entered.
5. If you object to any or all of your name and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the Closing Date. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
The Promoter reserves the right to forfeit a Prize where it reasonably suspects that a Winner is not eligible or has not complied with these T&Cs. In such circumstances, it may dispose of the Prize as it sees fit, in its sole discretion.
8. Claiming the prize
1. Winners must claim the Prize personally. The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on the Winner's behalf. Details of how the Prize will be delivered to the Winner (or made available for collection) are published on the Website.
2. If your personal details, including contact information, changes at any time you should notify the Promoter as soon as reasonably possible. Notifications should be sent to the Promoter via email to email@example.com . Notifications must include details of the competition you have entered, your old details and your new details. If your details change within 10 days of the Closing Date, the Promoter will use your old details if it needs to try to contact you.
3. Any cash Prize will be transferred directly to the Winner's nominated bank account. The Winner must provide evidence that it is the sole or joint beneficiary of the bank account. Failure to do so within 14 days will result in disqualification from the Competition and the Winner forfeiting the Prize. In such circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date, or in the case of a Instant Win Competition dispose of the Prize as it sees fit without any liability to the Winner for having done so.
4. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable to pay any compensation if a Winner is unable to or does not take up the Prize.
5. The Promoter reserves the right not to award any Prize if the Prize is not claimed by the Winner in accordance with these T&C's.
9. Limitation of liability
1. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
2. The Promoter shall not be liable for:
1. any entries that are not received due to incorrect or inaccurate entry information, faulty or failed data transmissions or any other reason;
2. unauthorised access to, theft, destruction of or alterations to entries at any point;
3. technical malfunctions, errors, failures, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delay in operation or communications line failure regardless of cause with regard to any equipment systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of operation of a Competition;
4. inaccessibility or unavailability of network services, any wireless service, the internet and/ or a website (including but not limited to any online method for random selection of the Prize draw); and
5. the Winner's use of the Prize.
10. Data protection and publicity
2. If you are the Winner of a Competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of the Competition. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
3. If a Winner does not wish to participate in any publicity, it must notify the Promoter prior to the Closing Date. This will not affect your chances of winning the Prize. If you do not agree to participate in any publicity about the Competition we may still provide your details to the Advertising Standards Authority. This is a legal requirement that we must comply with to prove that the Competition has been properly administered and the Prize awarded.
4. If you are the Winner of a Competition, you may be required to provide further personal information and proof of your identity in order to confirm your eligibility to claim the Prize and transfer ownership of the Prize to you. You consent to the use of your information in this way. You are entitled to request further details about how your personal information is being used. You may also withdraw your consent to your personal information being used in such way but by doing so you may prevent the Prize being transferred to you. In such circumstances, you will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Competition and forfeit the Prize. You will not be entitled to any refund of your entry fee. The Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize from a Standard Competition to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date. The Promoter reserves the right dispose of the Prize from a Instant Win Competition as it sees fit without any liability to the Winner for having done so.
5. Please note that under data protection laws you are entitled to request that the Promoter does not contact you and removes your details from its database. If you make such a request you will be withdrawing from the Competition as it will not be possible to contact you in the event that you are the winner. You will not be entitled to any refund of any entry fee if you withdraw from the Competition. If you do not wish any of your personal details to be used by the Promoter for promotional purposes, please email the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the Closing Date.
1. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. The latest version of these terms and conditions will be available on the Website.
2. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these T&Cs, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in a Competition and any future Competitions.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so for circumstances out of its control. In such circumstances, the Promoter will refund any entry fees you have paid.
4. There is no minimum number of entries and the Promoter will not hold void, suspend, cancel, extend the Closing Date or amend the Competition due to a lack of entries. The draw will take place and the Prize will be awarded regardless of the number of entries received.
5. The Competitions on the Website are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering the Competitions, Entrants agree that Facebook has no liability and is not responsible for the administration or promotion of the Competitions.
6. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law. Entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Entrants that are resident in Scotland or Northern Ireland shall have the option to bring claims in the country where they reside.
7. You should print a copy of these T&Cs and keep them for your records.